Monday, July 20, 2009

Mother Nature's Surprise...

(Elsie gave mummy permission to write this entry)
We spent the past weekend at the family cabin on Bowen Island. Elsie and I arrived on Friday afternoon and as I walked into the living room I glanced out the sliding door to the deck. My brain knew immediately that something wasn't right but it took a few seconds of processing to realize...


...that normally the table isn't upside down on the railing of the deck.

My first thought was that Nancy and Barney had needed it out of the way for some reason. (I found out later they hadn't made it up the previous week.) So I stepped outside to take a closer look and...


discovered this!


The deck was covered in tree debris. Then I looked up...


A branch had fallen on the roof and broken in three. Most of it was on the roof, part of it was on the deck and a small piece of it was on the ground below the deck. I went back inside to call my mom but then thought about the umbrella...


It was still attached!


The table landed on the hose, which is wrapped around the railing, and I think that is what held it there.


This picture is taken from down below.


This table truly is indestructible !




This is the branch that came off the roof. Almost twice the size of John (6'2").


1 comment:

SAH in Suburbia said...

INSANE! I'm still not convinced this was a freak of nature.....it makes NO SENSE!!! Great pics though!!