Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Clara's Blessing...

Since kids in our church aren't baptized until the age of 8, when they are babies, they are given a blessing so that their name will be on the records of the church.
Sunday, December 5th was Clara's blessing day.
She was also two months old on that day. I think she is old enough now for me to show her how to blog, so I'll let her take over the rest of this post.

Elsie is a good big sister. We have fun and she teaches me many things, like blogging.

This is Elsie with my cousin Ella.



This is everybody. I got to meet my Aunt Liz and Uncle Luke for the first time.




I like being in this family!



The big girls take good care of me!



I think my youngest cousin has issues with me. For awhile he wouldn't let his mom hold me and now he is hiding behind his sister.


There he is in his cute bow tie .

This is the 150 year old Strachan blessing/christening gown. Elsie wore it too.


Today was a good day!



This is the slip that Granny made for me to wear under the gown.

That is a very interesting wall beside me!

2 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

You have a blog! I get all giddy when people I know in real life get blogs. =D

The girls look absolutely darling - I especially love the matching outfits. You have such a great sense of style!

Hope to see you guys over the holidays!

Melissa said...

What a gorgeous dress!