
Today was a very interesting day! We were getting ready to walk out the door to go to storytime when mommy heard water trickling in the basement and that apparently isn't a good thing. Mommy called Granny at Kirkland Metal Shop (the family water heater business), and Granny said they could send someone tomorrow. Off we went to story time, it was fun and I got a book from the library (see it in the picture). When we came home, we had lunch and I fell asleep for my nap. It seemed like I hadn't been asleep very long when we heard the doorbell, so even though I was still a little tired, I decided to wake up from my nap. Since I was up we headed to the grocery store and we shopped, we got bonus points even, we put the groceries in the car, grabbed the keys, locked the car and went to put the cart back. We get back to the car and mommy looks at the keys and notices that the car key isn't there! Uh oh! The diaper bag, wallet, and cell phone are also in the car with the car key. I tried using my key but mommy said it wouldn't work because it is for the mailbox. We went back in to Save-on and asked to use the phone, the lady helping us couldn't find BCAA in the phone book eventually we found it listed under British Columbia Automobile Association. Mommy said the lady on the phone said it could be 45 minutes, so we go outside to try and find some shade because it is about 27 celsius. Mommy said that we were very lucky that BCAA showed up in 20 minutes. We found the keys under the grocery bags and we came home. After we got home, daddy called to say he had missed the first train, so the dinner we have to cook without hot water will be later tonight than usual. Mommy says good thing our Family Home Evenings are usually only 10 minutes long and no bath for me tonight, so everything will work out! I'm tired so I might even go to bed early!!!
1 comment:
UGH!
I remember this happening to me when Max was about 11 months old. We were locked out and he was sick...and it was pouring rain.....
No fun at all! It was fun, however, to watch the BCAA guy attempt to break into the Honda.....
Post a Comment